Absolute Healthcare Advanced Chiropractic
Chiropractors located in St. Lucie County, Port St. Lucie, FL
Allergies can leave you feeling congested, itchy, lethargic, and disconnected, but they don’t have to. The talented doctors at Absolute Healthcare Advanced Chiropractic in Port St. Lucie, Florida, offer allergy treatments that reduce your symptoms naturally. Call or schedule an appointment online today to learn how chiropractic care can help bring you allergy relief.
Allergies Q & A
What are allergies?
Allergies occur when your immune system responds negatively to an otherwise harmless substance. When you encounter something that your immune system perceives as a threat, it produces antibodies to fight it.
These antibodies cause inflammation in your sinuses, airways, skin, or digestive system. Your symptoms can be mild, severe, or even life-threatening.
What causes an allergic reaction?
Airborne particles trigger the most common allergies. These allergens can cause hay fever or rhinoconjunctivitis.
Other allergies can be caused by:
- Foods such as wheat, soy, fish, shellfish, eggs, milk, or peanuts
- Insect stings like wasps or bees
- Medications containing penicillin
Your allergic reaction depends on what triggers your allergy and the severity of your body’s response. Some common allergic reactions include:
- Sneezing, runny, or stuffy nose
- Itchy, red, watery, or swollen eyes
- Tingling or swelling of the tongue, lips, face, and throat
- Hives, rash, swelling, or itchiness on your body
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing
In extreme cases, an allergic reaction can be life-threatening. If you experience shortness of breath, lightheadedness, or loss of consciousness, seek medical attention immediately.
How does chiropractic medicine treat allergies?
Chiropractic medicine does more than realign your body — it boosts your immune system.
Your doctor at Absolute Healthcare Advanced Chiropractic is specially trained to identify alignment issues to develop a personalized treatment approach for your care.
Your doctor may recommend:
- Chiropractic manipulation: manipulating vertebrae to improve or restore function and reduce allergy symptoms
- Massage therapy: working muscles and soft tissue of your body to reduce pain, tension, and allergy symptoms, while improving blood flow and encouraging relaxation
- Spinal decompression: stretching and relaxing the spine to promote healing and eliminate allergy symptoms
- Board-certified acupuncture: utilizing needles to stimulate specific points of the body to relieve pain and ease allergy symptoms
- Physical rehabilitation: restoring and enhancing overall health to reduce allergy symptoms through a personalized care plan
In addition to physical chiropractic care, your doctor may recommend nutritional and lifestyle changes to manage your allergy symptoms long-term.
Call or schedule an appointment online today to learn more about how Absolute Healthcare Advanced Chiropractic can effectively treat your allergies.